Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reddit and What I Found There

Discovering the World of Reddit

I had never used Reddit before this assignment. However, now that I have, I will probably be using it more. It has a lot of useful information on various topics and by the looks of it, the individuals on there reply really quick. This means that I can get the assistance I need within a few hours , if not less.
Blue, Eva. "Reddit Sticker - 3" 12/22/2010 via flickr. Attribution 2.0 Generic

1. What is buzzing on Reddit?
     In the Electrical and Computer Engineering forums I found, there seems to be three major things that are being talked about. The first thing is people asking for technical advice on a project they are working on. The other subject is college and career advice. The third subject is trouble-shooting of electrical components and/or equipment. 

2. What interested me in Reddit?
      One forum that interested me was one that the differences between Computer Engineering and Computer Science. I was interested in it because I am still not fully set on what major I want to do. Reading this forum sort of divided me further because I am now in between electrical engineering, computer engineer, and computer science. Still an interesting and informative forum nonetheless. 
     
     Another, more technical forum, that got my attention was one between the difference between FM and AM LTE Broadband communication. It interests me because these dealt with data speeds which are critical to the modern world. From this form, I also learned that the type of frequency that LTE uses is QAM which is digital, not analog. Knowing this might just come in handy in the future. 

3. My Impressions of Reddit.
     To start off, I really did not know what I was expecting to see in Reddit. I had never been on it! Nonetheless, I am glad that I went on it. It has plenty of useful information for many knowledgeable individuals in my field. The information on here is mostly professional which is a good thing. One thing that I noticed was that some topics were very technical. For some of the posts, I had no idea about what they were talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment