Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

Well its done, my first project for English 109H. It wasn't too bad. It just came at the cost of a few days of my life, but it could be worse. Ehh. it was kinda bad, I was not expecting this work load, but the point is, 1 down, 3 to go. I am getting there! I am just happy to be done with one right now.
Williams, Huw. "Newport Hill Climb Finish Line" 10/4/2009 via wikipedia. Public Domain.

How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall.
I put a lot of work into it. I revised, re-did, and re-analyzed it multiple times. I want to convince myself that I did great and I am going to get an A, but.... I can't. I feel like I messed up on it and misunderstood the project. I think I may have just taken it in my own way and done it how I thought it was suppose to be done which is no bueno.

Furthermore, I can't help, but think that I am still neglecting my stake holders. I should have given them more of a face and more stage time.  Don't get me wrong, I completely over hauled them from the first draft, but I don't think it will be enough to please the English Gods. English has always been sort of a weak spot for me and I think that might have reflected a lot on this project as well.


What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.
 A major weakness is that I think it may be too long for a quick reference guide. My QRG seems to longer than the genre examples. My QRG might be more along the lines of an essay. Another weakness is the stakeholders. In the final stages of my revisions, I read the project guide multiple times and which each time I read it, I got a slightly different impression of what I was suppose to do with them. Now I feel like I needed a lot more direct quotes from individuals within the groups I talked about. One of the main parties involved was Iran and I neglected to put any direct quotes from them.

Another weakness was my language. I feel like I had some really good sections , but also some bad ones in which I used somewhat informal language. Then there was the sections in which I somewhat forced words into the paragraphs.

What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.
I think it is fun to read and really informative. I gave this a murder investigation/ spy movie tone. 

Secondly, I think I did a really good job at explaining what Stuxnet is and why you! yes you! should care about it. I also did a good description of the events that lead up into the use of Stuxnet by starting from 2005 and working my way back up. The fact that I also made the reader feel like they were victims of a cyber attack helped out greatly.

What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails...
I was really inconsistent with my time management on this project to be honest. There was moments when I would start working on this as early in the week as Thursday. Then there was the weeks when I was working on it Sunday night in a rush.

I think one of my biggest fails in time management was this final weekend. Throughout the week, I pushed extra hard to free up Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to work on this project. Like I only slept 4 hours max. The thing is, I used Friday and most of Saturday to mostly relax and catch up on sleep. It wasn't till later on Saturday and all of Sunday that I began working on it.

My biggest triumph though, was actually motivating myself to do anything related to English in the first place. Normally, I leave English to the very end. I do everything else and then I do English, but this time was different. I put more effort into this project and did not leave it to the last minute. I sort of even enjoyed doing it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment