Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

I wonder how difficult it would be to understand an essay with only pronouns. I wonder if you can write it in such a way that one might be able to figure out what the essay is about by just using context clues. Its probably possible, but most readers, especially those of a Quick Reference Guide probably do not want to deal with that. I wouldn't. Unless I was extremely bored.

Bennink Jeroen. "Keyboard" 3/24/2009 via flickr. Attribution 2.0 Generic

Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?
Honestly, I think it is one of the better aspects of Quick Reference Guide. I feel like I have a good thing going on with the whole pronoun thing. I first introduce it properly and then use a pronoun later on in the sentence. If I have a place where there is a cluster of subjects, I do not really use pronouns so that it does not get too confusing.


Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author?
There is one specific instance when I do directly talk to my audience. I refer to the audience when I am explaining to them what cyber warfare is and what the Iranian Scientist went through during the Stuxnet attack.

I would say that this moment is actually pretty effective. It minimal, but it really ties the author to the story because in all reality, a cyber attack can happen to anyone. I used descriptive language to simulate the reading coming under a cyber attack. The importance of this sections made me want to add another section that refers to the audience closer to the end of my QRG.

No comments:

Post a Comment