Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review for Ben Barnet

Reviewing, revising, and reviewing will make or break a project. The slightest errors that are left my not be much to the writer, but they sure do amplify when being read.

Audience Question: How did you practice your editorial skills this week in peer review?
Well, in peer review I was able to communicate with multiple people about a project. This helped out because I was able to see things that I may have missed or not looked over. The stuff that I may have missed were looked over in the second project that I had reviewed.

Name: Ben Barnett
Title: Analysis of Rhetoric in Chemical Engineering
Link to Project: http://barnettben.blogspot.com/2016/03/open-post-to-peer-reviewers.html?showComment=1459146566091#c4935407525775190802
 
Review Activity: I choose "Make a Recommendation about Form." Basically, I was looking on how well this genre fits the profile of a video essay.

Making it better: I think that tone of voice is one of the most important things that you can use in a video essay. Well its also important on how you act, but Ben decided not to appear in the video which is not a bad thing at all

Incorporation: Most course materials agree that voice and tone used is really important. A monotonic voice is less likely to have the same effect a dynamic voice would have

Learning from the Work: The use of Ben's interviews really inspired me to do something similar in my podcasts. I think that the effect transition from him talking to his interviewee talking really made his video. 



No comments:

Post a Comment