Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Production Report Part 2

So the part that I decide to use her was just a bit further down the line from my introduction in my outline, but in my second podcast. I feel like this boost my credibility in regard to this particular genre.


Audience Questions
1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
      This part of the podcast feature somewhat of a question response type deal with the audience and interviewees that I carried throughout the rest of the podcasts. I feel like this is important because the use of the interviewees boosts my credibility and also gets my audience more engaged in my podcasts.

2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
      The only major issue I had with the production of this was that I could not really figure out how to use Audocity to merge two separate audio files into one. However, once I figured that out, the rest was a breeze.

Outline Item
  • Introduction of Technical report
  • Questions to one of the interviewees
  • Relations to something the user may be familiar with
  • Genre: Technical Report (Academic Journal)
Further Adaptation

  • Alright, here it is, the second iteration of my podcast series on writing in the Computer Engineering field
  • If you have not seen my first podcast, you should turn back now, I shall be here waiting.
  • To start this off we turn to Dr. Hal Tharp from the University of Arizona’s Electrical and Computer0 Engineering Department to ask: what is the most common type of writing genre is in the computer engineering field. *Play audio of Dr. Hal Tharp*

  • So there you have it, the technical journal or technical report
  • This type of writing is so common that you will probably know about it as soon as I mention these four words:
    • Abstract
    • Introduction
    • Results
    • Conclusion
  • Sounds familiar right? Sounds like your average physics lab report eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment