Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report

Here I show how I streamlined a section for effectiveness and how I improved my use of MLA citations.

Audience Questions
1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
I streamline the content and fixed the grammar. The reason this is better is because it stays more on course and is not to much filler material. I also changed the wording to be a bit more active than passive.



2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
In my re-edited version, I changed the way I used MLA citations. I also got more specific by naming an italicizing the main source that I used here. I also added the page number where the source I found was from.

Selection from Rough Cut
but only because I was continuously travelinggoing downthrough the same beatenmarked path.  in which I was the mapper, creator, and traveler. I was avoiding the jungles of the writing process because lab reports were essentially a fill in the blank activity. As seen in Introductory Mechanics Lab Manual, Physics lab manual, lab reports need to have an abstract, introduction, theory section, procedure, data, and results (10-11).

Re-edited Selection
Lab reports became so simple to write because they are all essentially the same. I had become a master at reaching my destination, but only because I was continuously traveling down the same beaten path. I was avoiding the jungles of the writing process because lab reports were essentially a fill in the blank activity. As seen in Introductory Mechanics Lab Manual,  lab reports need to have an abstract, introduction, theory section, procedure, data, and results (10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment