Sunday, May 1, 2016

Peer Review for Jack Auslen

The last meelon... No, not the last melon, but the last peer review. One step closer to being down with the semester.

Name: Jack Ausien
Title: Content Outline
Activity: Outlining Suggestion

Explanation: In this activity I have to look at the "Content Outline" to see the level of detail and development.

How I helped: First, I told Jack to include a thesis or at least start thinking about one. I am under the impression that he is trying to write a standard college essay. I believe that the thesis is critical in this genre. Furthermore, it sets the central ideas for the rest of the essay.

The other thing I noted was the lack of a conclusion. It is planned, but for the most part it was not in the outline. The conclusion is just as important as the thesis in this genre.

What I admired: I mostly admired the large amount of sources that Jack had. It is interesting how he was able to cramp so many into an essay about himself. I am struggling to do that.

Link: Content Outline

No comments:

Post a Comment