Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review for James Fusaro

For this peer review, I targeted James Fusaro. Hopefully, I can help him improve the rough cut of his Standard College Essay.

Question: How did you practice your editorial skills this week in peer review?
I managed to help find a small but critical flaw in a peer's essay. The addition of this content shoul help James' improve his grade. Reading through his essay, I saw a few grammatical and spelling mistakes. However, I was not able to comment on them.

Name: James Fusaro
Title: Offensive Speakers Should be Here to Stay
Activity: Content Suggestion

Explanation: I basically have to see if this essay fits the format and is organized like a standard college essay.

How I helped: I think that the main issue in James' essay was the lack of a thesis. I pointed this out to him, how he can implement one and why it would help. I think that a thesis is critical to a college essay. It shows the reader what you are talking about and, in this case, defending.

What I admired: I admired how his essay flowed throughout. Every idea flew into the next with ease. I also liked the use of a personal story to get my attention. It made his essay seem more relatable.

Link: Offensive Speakers Should be Here to Stay




No comments:

Post a Comment